March is National Nutrition Month®, which is an annual nutrition education campaign created by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. This month is the perfect time to focus on the importance of making informed food choices and developing a healthier eating pattern that can last all year long.
This year’s theme is "Put Your Best Fork Forward", which implies the importance of making small changes to reach your health and nutrition goals one bite at a time. Celebrate National Nutrition Month® with these key themes from the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics:
- Create an eating style that includes a variety of your favorite, healthful foods.
- Practice cooking more at home and experiment with healthier ingredients.
- How much we eat is as important as what we eat. Eat and drink the right amount for you, as MyPlate encourages us to do.
- Find activities that you enjoy and be physically active most days of the week.
- Manage your weight or lower your health risks by consulting a registered dietitian nutritionist. RDNs can provide sound, easy-to-follow personalized nutrition advice to meet your lifestyle, preferences and health-related needs.
For more information and ideas for ways to celebrate National Nutrition Month, visit eatright.org.