This is a seasonal/contractor position for mid-October through January with possibility of converting to full-time position.
The Health Coach ensures delivery of Onlife’s lifestyle coaching program, drives outcomes for participants, and addresses client expectations. The Health Coach provides clinical interventions in an efficient and effective manner ensuring that each interaction is valuable to the participant.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Understand and maintain coaching center goals of success.
• Drive positive health outcomes of their participants.
• Follow the Clinical Quality model for coaching and documentation on coaching calls.
• Attend and complete training opportunities, in both classroom and online settings (CEUs available for qualified candidates).
• Receive necessary certifications, updates, and licensures for coaching.
• Work with other departments to solve participant issues in a timely manner.
• Ensure that documentation is completed.
• Address barriers and identify opportunities for the participants.
• Set SMART goals with the participant and document action steps needed to complete the goals.
• Send appropriate supporting educational materials to the participant.
• Assist participants in individualized goal-setting, using readiness assessment, principles of motivational interviewing, and appropriate clinical communications.
• The person filling this role will have access to Protected Health Informaiton (PHI) and Personally Identifiable Information (PII) which requires confidentiality of this information obtained in the course of this position’s responsibility.
• Bachelor’s Degree required in a health-related discipline including nursing, dietetics, exercise science, counseling, social work, or health education. Master’s degree preferred, or Registered Nurse licensed in the state of TN, Registered Dietitian, or Licensed Therapist. Maintenance of active licensure and/or registration required.
• Prefer certifications in field of study.
• Minimum of one year clinical experience, or one year experience in health and wellness coaching, personal training, health education, counseling, or social work.
• Demonstrated knowledge of health behavior change techniques.
• Passion and personal accountability for improving health of program participants.
• PC Literacy (Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel).
• Prefer experience with clinical health education in areas of, but not limited to, weight management, tobacco cessation, stress management, and physical activity.
• Prefer knowledge and understanding of various biometric results including, but not limited to blood pressure, cholesterol, body mass index, and other variables of health.
Contact PersonNikki McGrath