Application Deadline: May 1, 2018
$42,924.54 per year plus Medical, dental, life, pension, paid leave and holidays, etc.
The Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Woman Infants and Children (WIC) of Davidson County offers a broad range of innovative nutrition services to improve the health of vulnerable families. Nashville WIC participants receive vital child health and development education, breastfeeding support, and healthy food vouchers from compassionate and culturally competent staff. Davidson County WIC is seeking a Registered Dietitian / Nutritionist to join the EAST WIC Clinic team, and live and work in dynamic "Music City," Tennessee. A passionate professional should be competent in medical nutrition therapy and be able to engage in diet assessment, nutrition counseling and evaluation.
- Assesses patients' nutritional status; analyzes medical information including anthropometric data to identify lab value fluctuations.
- Determines patients' eligibility for WIC; completes nutrition assessments and nutrition counseling certifies patients who meet criteria; documents eligibility in medical records; and assigns appropriate supplemental food package.
- Promotes breastfeeding and lactation.
- Conveys basic and therapeutic nutriton information in a group setting.
- Coordinates nutrition services with the public health programs.
- Promotes community nutrition and education activities; initiates nutrition promotion activities; conducts health promotion seminars, such as food demonstrations and grocery store tours.
Graduation from an accredited (4) four-year college or university with a major in foods an nutrition or substantially similar subject matter.
- Must be a Licensed Dietitian / Nutritionist by the State of Tennessee in accordance with Tennessee statutes, and the rules of the Board of Dietitian / Nutritionist Examiners, at Chapter 0470-1, General Rules and Regulations.
- Valid class "D" driver's license, use of personal vehicle, and maintenance of valid personal vehicle insurance as required by Tennessee Law.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Experience:
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of dietetics and nutrition and its relationship to health and disease control.
- Knowledge of local organizations and available resources related to public health.
- Bilingual Spanish / English.