State Licensure Information
- Our licensure law is comprised of both statues (the law) and rules/regulations, which are used to implement the law.
- Both statutes and rules/regulations have the force of law and may be used in the regulation of a profession.
- The statutes pertaining to this Board are found in the Tennessee Code Annotated under sections
- T. C. A. 63-1 (Division of Health Related Boards) and
- T.C. A. 63-25 (Dietetics and Nutrition).
- To review or print a copy of the Dietitian/Nutrition Licensure law:
- Access the Tennessee Code Annotated at http://michie.lexisnexis.com/.
- Click on “ Tennessee Code” under Tennessee
- On the left hand side, click on the folder Title 63 Professions of the Healing Arts
- On the left hand side, click on the folder Chapter 25 Dietetics and Nutrition
- Review all sections of the statue
Rules and Regulations:
- The Board, following specific notice requirements and hearings, adopts rules and regulations. Again, they also carry the force of law and are used to regulate our profession.
- Review or print a copy of the Tennessee Board of Dietitian/Nutritionist Examiners Rule and Regulations.