Sharecare is searching for an Associate Diabetes Clinician.
Part time diabetes clinician position with inpatient and outpatient roles. Potential to move to full time position in the future.
* Works with the Program Director, physicians, Resource/Utilization/Case Management, diabetes staff and other hospital staff to achieve program objectives, quality measures, enhance clinical outcomes and customer satisfaction for both the inpatient and outpatient service lines. May also assist in the development of Care Maps, Standards of Care, Policies and Procedures, Forms and other diabetes service tools such as marketing and community services.
* Assess patient’s understanding of disease process; chronic complications; standards of care and current areas requiring clinical intervention via interview and self-assessment and/or medical record and assists patient to set self-care goals to improve disease management.
* Subject matter expert providing direct patient care to patients requiring advanced intervention, consultation, and/or education.
* Provide group and individual education; implements interventions within their scope of practice, such as medical nutrition therapy, self-blood glucose monitoring, medication/injectable, insulin pump therapy (if certified) to improve disease management and meet the hospital, Sharecare and any regulatory agency
* Explores strategies to maintain and/or reduce resource consumption; to reduce length of stay; facilitates implementation of these strategies; and to monitor results.
* Licensed Registered Nurse, Registered Dietitian, ARNP or PharmD required.
* Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialist (CDCES) or Board Certified-Advanced Diabetes Management (BC-ADM) required.
* Minimum 10 years of related experience in a hospital or physician office setting.
* Appropriate professional licensure/registration required.
* In addition to above qualifications, to perform Quality Coordinator duties, must have:
* Bachelor’s degree.