To submit a CEU event for review and posting, please click here
2019 DNS/PNPG Joint Symposium
Join DNS and PNPG for the first ever LIVE Joint Symposium. Attendees may participate in a dedicated DNS day, dedicated PNPG day and a combined DNS/PNPG day for 3-days of learning from experts on topics relevant to you! Access more information on the agenda, housing, registration, sponsors and the city of Charlotte, NC.
2019 DNS/PNPG Joint Symposium: Empowering YOU: Nutrition Support Best Practices from Babies to Adults
Dates: June 7, 2019—June 9, 2019
Location: Hilton City Center (222 East Third Street; Charlotte, NC 28202)
Satisfy 8-12.5 hours of CPE credit for your CDR portfolio and add value to your professional brand. Here are just a few of the many programs available:
- Sustainable Food Systems – New: Advance competency with this new program developed to establish and cultivate your knowledge on emerging trends toward sustainability.
- Food Allergy Management – Newly Revised: Includes the latest research and recommendations on preventing peanut allergies as well as additional information on managing food allergens in schools and foodservice.
- Informatics in Nutrition– New: Every facet of informatics is discussed, including Electronic Health Records, security and ethics, and utilizing data.
SAVE THE DATE: Nutrition and Dietetics Advocacy Summit on July 11 and 12 in Washington, D.C.!
Plan on joining us in Washington, D.C., July 11 and 12 for the Academy’s Nutrition and Dietetics Advocacy Summit, formerly called Public Policy Workshop. Attendees will sharpen their communication skills, advocate for the profession and develop new high-level personal and professional relationships. More information – including registration – will be shared in the coming weeks.
Upcoming CDR Workshops
- June 21-22, 2019; Long Beach, California
Fall 2019 Programs (registration to open summer 2019)
- October 3-4, 2019; Dallas, Texas
- October 24-25, 2019; Philadelphia, PA
- May 9-11, 2019, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Fall 2019 Program (registration to open summer 2019)
- November 21-23, 2019; New Orleans, Louisiana
Applying for CPE Units
TN Academy represents 1300 Academy members who are food and nutrition experts in our state. Thank you for considering the offer of continuing education credits for our members at your next professional or business event. The Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) has switched to a paperless system for prior approval of Continuing Professional Education (CPE) activities. All activities and their supporting materials are now submitted directly to the CDR Database by the organizations contact and then reviewed by the Tennessee Affiliate Reviewer online. Activity verifications are generated by the CDR CPE Database. Below are the steps to have your program reviewed for continuing education credits.
1. Review the Prior Approval CPE Guidelines and submit online request
2. Pay appropriate CPE fee
- $20 to review a single continuing education activity per site.
- $25 late fee for requests submitted between 2-4 weeks prior to the program. Requests received 2 weeks or fewer prior to the program won’t be processed.
Billing: You can pay using a credit card, PayPal or by check.
- Credit Card or PayPal Instructions:
- Email the Executive Director to request an invoice. Please reference the event by title, date and location in your email.
- Both credit card and PayPal payments will have an additional 2.9% processing fee.
- Credit card payments are made through PayPal .
- Check Instructions:
- Include a check for the appropriate fee made payable to the Tennessee Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics.
- Submit ONE copy of the approval form and check to:
Tennessee Academy Of Nutrition & Dietetics
6675 Highway 436
McKenzie, TN 38201-8748
Attn: Continuing Education Approver
3. Wait for Action
There are 3 types of action that can be taken on an application:
- Approval when the application and material substantiate that the criteria are met. You will be notified through the CDR Database.
- Deferral when the application substantiates limitations in meeting criteria that can be resolved immediately. You will be asked to submit additional documentation.
- Denial when the application does not meet the criteria of the Commission on Dietetic Registration
Continuing Professional Education Chair
email@example.com or 731-415-9383
Looking for additional nutrition information? The National Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics offers many great resources you will want to explore.