The program director at National HealthCare Corporation is responsible for directing the dietetic internship program housed in the patient services department of the NHC corporate office in Murfreesboro, TN. The program director is responsible for making sure that the program meets all accreditation criteria established by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND). These responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Development of policies and procedures for effectively managing all components of the program and to ensure fair, equitable and considerate treatment of prospective and enrolled students/interns (such as program admission, retention and completion policies)
• Student recruitment, advisement, evaluation and counseling
• Conduct all program accreditation activities, including timely submission of fees, reports, requests for major program changes, writing the self-study report and conducting the site visit as required
• Maintenance of the program’s student records, including student advising plans and verification statements; verification statements must be kept indefinitely
• Maintenance of complaints about the program received from students/interns or others, including disposition of the complaint
• On-going development of and review of the program’s curriculum to meet the accreditation standards
• Communication and coordination with program faculty, preceptors and others involved with the program
• Facilitation of processes for continuous assessment of program and student learning outcomes to include internal and external program evaluation
• Plan and deliver dietetics related presentations at corporate sponsored meetings
• Participate in Food and Nutrition Services projects, within the Patient Services Department at home office
The program director must have earned at least a master’s degree in an appropriate discipline; be credentialed by the Commission on Dietetic Registration and have a minimum of three years professional experience post-credentialing. Experience in dietetics education or being a preceptor for dietetic students is preferred.
Interested applicants may email their resume to Patty Poe at firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews will take place through mid-February.