- Coordinate and schedule experiential learning opportunities for the Future Education Model Future Graduate program, and assess student progress toward achieving competency in ACEND standards in practicum courses.
- Work with the Program Director to select and evaluate supervised learning sites, and to recruit, orient, and evaluate preceptors.
- Initiate and maintain clinical contracts.
- Effectively teach graduate level practicum courses.
- May also participate in the design and implementation of intraprofessional simulation experiences on campus to prepare students for a successful transition to the clinic setting.
- Promote student recruitment and retention, as well as marketing of the program. Service within professional organizations and on committees within the department, college and university is expected.
- Maintain adherence to ACEND accreditation standards.
Earned Master’s degree in the field of Nutrition and Dietetics or a closely related field by the start date of employment. Credentialing as a registered dietitian/nutritionist by the Commission on Dietetic Registration, as well as State of Tennessee Licensure as a dietitian/nutritionist (by the conclusion of the first year of employment). A minimum of two years of professional experience, post credentialing.
A PhD in Nutrition and Dietetics or a closely related field. Online, college level teaching experience as a primary instructor. Effective oral and written communication skills. Active membership in the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. Prior clinical work experiences and leadership experience with an ACEND-accredited dietetic program. Experience as a preceptor to dietetic interns.
How to Apply