Metro Public Health Department – WIC is hiring for a Nutrition Educator.
The Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women Infants and Children (WIC) of Davidson County offers a broad range of innovative nutrition services to improve the health of vulnerable families. Nashville WIC participants receive vital child health and development education, breastfeeding support, and supplemental nutritious foods from compassionate and culturally competent staff. Davidson County WIC is seeking a qualified Nutrition Educator to join the team at the Lentz WIC clinic. A passionate professional should be competent in diet assessment, nutrition counseling and evaluation and the listed competencies below.
- Provides diet assessment, nutrition counseling, and evaluation in clinic, hospital, and mobile settings.
- Documents appropriate in electronic records.
- Provides nutrition case management for high risk codes.
- Keeps abreast of WIC Program changes.
- Develops education materials.
- Participates in Health Fairs.
- Develops and continuously updates the resource information file.
- Serves as a lactation advocate for breastfeeding promotion.
- Makes referrals to MPHD services and outside agencies; between the WIC program.
- Maintains referral list of local resources for participants.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition from an accredited college or university (or a degree with an emphasis on nutrition and must show proof of nine (9) quarter hours or six (6) semester hours in human nutrition, four (4) quarter hours or semester hours in human anatomy or physiology, and four (4) quarter hours or semester hours in education, psychology or counseling.
- One (1) year of nutrition related experience.
- Valid class “D” driverss license, use of personal vehicle, and maintenance of valid personal vehicle insurance as required by Tennessee Law.
Preferred Skills: Bilingual
Follow the link to apply online – https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/nashville/jobs/3751368/nutrition-educator-wic-lentz