Part time RD needed for a grant funded Blue Raider Drink Up- Diabetes Prevention Grant
1. Provide individual dietetics counseling for students at risk of diabetes;
2. Organize a health services campus-related educational program or activity each month;
3. Market and promote activities to students on campus in conjunction with other MTSU Project Diabetes staff;
4. Submit quarterly reports of outcomes and progress including participant success stories, to demonstrate effectiveness in reaching outlined project deliverables and goals;
5. Regular communication with the principle investigator/project director on project activities and deliverables, and regular communication with health services staff on daily basis when on duty;
6. Other duties as required to fulfill deliverables of the grant scope of services.
Experience providing dietetics counseling;
• Ability to interact and communicate clearly with a broad and diverse group of college students; must possess excellent interpersonal skills;
• Demonstrated experience in organizing activities and programs, while mobilizing, fostering collaboration, and effectively engaging individuals and groups in planned activities;
• Basic knowledge of user-friendly web-technology and social media platforms;
• Knowledge of MTSU campus faculty and departments is preferred;
• Knowledge, experience, and/or interest in healthy lifestyles, obesity and diabetes prevention, and well-being of college students is required;
• Must be a self-starter with good organizational and time-management skills;
• Able to work independently, take initiative, and manage deadlines;
• A registered dietitian with a bachelor’s degree or higher and experience equivalent to one year of full-time work in dietetics, preferred.
How to Apply: Interested individuals can email Elizabeth.Ann.Smith@mtsu.edu to inquire about the position. Interested individuals should send a resume/CV to: MTSU Associate Director of Community Programs and Project Director, Cynthia Chafin, M.Ed., MCHES®, firstname.lastname@example.org Please put “BRDU 2.0 Dietitian” in the subject line. NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.