BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee is hiring for a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist Educator- Certified Diabetic Educator.
-Assist in the development of diabetes educational materials and programs and act as a resource for clinical and non-clinical outreach involving diabetic or other chronic dietary needs.
-Serving as a liaison between members, providers and internal/external customers in coordination of meeting the nutritional needs of the targeted population.
-Coordinating with clinical staff on referrals identified through various mechanisms to ensure effective implementation of interventions, and to ensure efficient utilization of benefits.
-Conduct Preventative, Therapeutic, and General Nutrition consultations digitally or telephonically with follow up to ensure understanding and compliance.
- RD/RDN (Registered Dietitian/Registered Dietitian Nutritionist) by the Commission for Dietetic Registration, and Tennessee state LDN (Licensed Dietitian Nutritionist) License
- Requires Bachelors or Masters degree in nutrition and dietetics from an accredited university
- Requires completion of an accredited dietetic internship program or coordinated undergraduate program in Dietetics
- 3 years – Experience in a hospital, clinic, or home based clinical nutrition setting
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills and ability to perform non-routine analytical tasks
- Must be able to work in an independent and creative manner.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
*Preference will be given to Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialists